Welcome to LLIFS Forums!
A place you can be your spooky self! Please feel free to start a new discussion or join in on an existing one! If at anytime you need a moderator, please message SarahLLIFS, Jess89, ST00154 or ThingsThatGoBump

Paranormal Paraphernalia

Not only do I enjoy learning about the Paranormal and associated topics, I also love to collect items that have played a significant role in Paranormal culture/history.

So how a bout a Prized Paranormal Possession Post! What's your favourite piece of paranormal history that you own? Where did it come from? What's it's history? How/why do you own it?

Share your stories and photo's of your favourite collectables!

Comments

• edited January 15

I'll share mine first, with a bit of back story.

When I was a kid, I had a copy of Usbornes "Mysteries of the Unknown" which was a compendium of all three books in the Usborne series: "UFO's", "Monsters", and the recently re-released, and all time favourite, "Ghosts".

I, like many other children of the 1970's through the early 90's, saw this book as my Paranormal bible! And in particular I was both fascinated and terrified by the page titled "Mystery Photographs", where I first laid eyes on the famous photographs of the Brown Lady of Raynham Hall, and The Newby Church Ghost,

Owing to my interest and hobby in photography, these images have stuck with me, and even though I am now older, and sceptical on their authenticity, I can't deny the huge impact and influence these images had on me and my young curious mind.

So on to my little piece of history. Whilst researching for my YouTube Channel video "Myths, Legends, and Hauntings: The Camera Never Lies" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXEE0SwhXNA), I stumbled across a website selling old issues of Country Life Magazine. Out of sheer curiosity I emailed them and inquired as to whether they had a copy of the 26th December 1936 edition, and much to my surprise and child like glee, they had one! And I HAD to have it!

But why would I possibly want a copy of a dusty old Country Life Magazine from 1936. Well it just so happens that the photo of the Brown Lady of Raynham Hall, a photo that so hugely inspired me a child, was first published in that particular issue.

The magazine contains a several page feature on Raynham Hall itself, followed by a single page article talking about the actual photograph, but as a bonus, turning over the page you're met with a double page spread on Spirit Photography by none other than Harry Price. It's the gift that keeps on giving!

• Nice article. If you're into Spirit Photography, do you have the book "The strange case of William Mumler, Spirit Photographer" by Louis Kaplan? It's a great book.

• Apologies, I've only been logging in briefly lately to do my moderator duty and check for nasties in the comments 😅

I don't own the book but I do have it on my Amazon Wishlist after Aaron Mahnke recommended it for futher reading following Episode 78 of Lore. He also recommended "The Apparitionists: A Tale of Phantoms, Fraud, Photography, and the Man Who Captured Lincoln's Ghost" by Peter Manseau, which also ended up on my wishlist.

I need to get round to actually buying things off my wishlist... and removing the cobwebs from it...